It has been confirmed by myJCR News that a student of the Geography and Rural Development Department of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) died on Thursday, 28th September, 2017 at the University Hospital.
It is alleged he committed suicide.
The male student (name withheld) believed to be in either level 300 or 400 was rushed to the University Hospital by students after being found unconscious in the washroom of the Central Classroom Block (CCB) with a bottle of insecticide liquid by him.
Speaking to myJCR News, a student who saw him being received in the hospital said he was “unconscious and foaming in his mouth and nose”.
Further investigations by myJCR News revealed that the deceased student may have taken volumes of the insecticide liquid which resulted in his death.
It was also discovered that the deceased had previously visited the hospital for psychiatry related issue few years ago but whether his state of mind led him to drink the poisonous liquid, we are yet to know as investigations continue.
The body has since been deposited at the university’s morgue.